“Simon is a professional health care provider with a high regard for patient outcomes. He is driven by a desire to provide the best service possible to deliver habit change in individuals that he sees. Enriched Health is a provider of quality care in the areas of exercise physiology.”January 29, 2012
Dr Linjawi Endocrinologist.
“Simon is a professional, friendly and enthusiastic health care provider. As an athlete and Personal Trainer my clients and myself have benefited from Simons expertise on numerous occasions. His advice and recommendations have always been thorough and have provided positive outcomes. Simons sponsorship for myself and many other local athletes shows his true giving character in supporting his local community”.
Owner of 2Forty Voltz Personal Training, and World Championship 70.3 Ironman Triathlon Competitor.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist – Exercise and Sports Science Australia
- Certified Health Manager- Australian College Health Services Managers
- Accredited WorkHab Assessor- WorkHab
- Accredited Work Place Assessor, Functional Capacity Evaluations and Case Management- NSW WorkCover
- Level 1 Olympic Lifting Coach
- Level 1 Pose Tech Crossfit coach
- Level 1 Menezes Pilates Reformer
- Medicare Approval
- WorkCover Approval
- DVA Approval
- Private Health funds approval
- LifeTime Care and Support Case Manager
- Credentialed Functional Independent Measures (FIMS) assessor
- UTMB 100 miles 2016 45 hrs 32 minutes and 11 seconds
- Ultra Trail Australia 2016 17 hrs 22 minutes and 40 seconds
- Buffalo Stampede 2016- Ultra Sky Marathon 14 hrs 32 minutes and 14 seconds
- Bogong to Hotham 2016, 11 hrs 15min
- Great North Walk 100s 2015 110km. 16hrs and 38 minutes
- The North Face 100 2015, 13 hrs 54 minutes
- Mount Solitary Ultra 2015, 6hrs 41 minutes
- Cradle Mountain Run, 7th February 2015, 11Hrs 12 Minutes and 59 seconds
- The North Face 100, 17th May 2014: 13 hrs 40 minutes and 54 seconds. Silver Buckle.
- Cradle Mountain Run, 1st February 2014: 14 hours 12 minutes and 9 seconds.
- The North Face 100 18th May 2013 Finisher: 16hrs 32min 36sec
- Brooks Forster Running Festival: 21.1 Km, 2013 Personal Best of 1hr 33 min 11 sec
- Port Macquarie 70.3, 20th October 2013, 5 hours 41 minutes and 7 Seconds
- Australian Association of Exercise and Sports Science (ESSA)
- Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society (GCMAS)
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Australian Association of Practice Managers (AAPM)
- Australian College of Health Services Managers (ACHSM)
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association
- TREAT NMD Alliance – Neuromuscular Network
- Australasian Society for Study of Brain Impairment
- 2012- Ongoing Post Graduate Certificate in Musculoskeletal Medicine- Flinders University, Adelaide.
- 2012- Ongoing Masters in Clinical Rehabilitation – Flinders University, Adelaide
- 2011- Australian College of Health Services Managers, Mentoring program.
- 2006 – Certificate IV in Work Place Assessment and Training – East Coast Training
- 1994-1997 Bachelor of Exercise Science (Major in Exercise Physiology)
- 1995 Massage – Southern Cross University
Conferences and Workshops
- 7th World Neuro Rehabilitation Conference in Melbourne
- Computerised and Clinical Assessment and Management of Gait Dysfunction, Melbourne
- Stroke Rehabilitation: Insights From Neuroscience and Imaging, Melbourne
- Huntington’s Disease World Congress 2011
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Upper Limb Assessment and Treatment workshops at Flinders Uni in Adelaide
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Spine Assessment and Treatment workshops at Flinders Uni in Adelaide
- Musculoskeletal Medicine Lower Limb Assessment and Treatment workshops at Flinders Uni in Adelaide
Previous Board Positions
- 2009-2010 Run Director: Port Macquarie Iron Man and Port Macquarie 70.3
- 2010-Regional and Remote Director: Australian Association of Exercise and Sports Science (NSW Chapter)
Areas of clinical interest
- Clinical Gait Analysis for Runners and Movement Retraining
- Pre and Post Operative Rehabilitation
- Sports Strength and Conditioning programs
- Sports Injury Prevention and Management
- Complex Skill Development
- VO2 Max Assessments
- Metabolism Assessments
- Video Analysis for Bike Fitting
- Rehabilitative Pilates
- Spinal Cord Injury Management
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation for Occupational Injuries
- Functional Capacity Evaluations- Work Hab
- Work Place Assessments
- Complex Case Management
- Clinical Neurological Rehabilitation
- Clinical Gait Analysis for Neurological Conditions
- Activities of Daily Living Assessments
- Care Needs Reviews and Assessments
- Care And Needs Scales
- Injury Treatment Reviews
- International Classification of Functioning
- Functional Independent Measures
Areas of Management Interest
I manage Enriched Health which has delivered services to nearly 10,000 patients and 300 occasions of service per week. I have a particular interest in:
- Health care leadership
- Ethical health care practice
- Patient Centred care
- Lean health care.
- Clinical supervision and employee development
- Healthcare product development and project management
Enriched Health 2005-2013
Exercise Physiologist/Managing Director
Provision of clinical Exercise Physiology services for a broad range of patients and managing a team that has included Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Exercise Physiologists, Social Workers, Administration and a Sports Physician
Work in own rehabilitation clinics, GP surgeries, specialists practices and aged care facilities.
Achievement: Built and manage a practice just shy of 11,000 patients running with a patient satisfaction rating better than 9/10 for greater than 90% of patients.
CRS Australia 2002-2005
Exercise Physiologist/Rehabilitation Consultant
Provision of exercise physiology and case management services for injured workers and job seekers
Achievement: One of the first Exercise Physiologists to achieve NSW WorkCover Functional capacity Evaluation and Work Place Assessment accreditation.
Kaizen Exercise Rehabilitation Centre 2001-2002
Provision of clinical exercise physiology services to patients
Achievement: Assisted in building the first regional Exercise Physiology practice in Australia.
Various Recreation and Fitness roles 1997-2001
Recreation Manager -Port Pacific Resort, Port Macquarie
Activities Officer and Fitness Instructor Dunk Island Resort,
Fitness Instructor City Club Grand Hyatt Melbourne
1996-1997 Gymnastics Coach – In Schools Gymnastics
1995-1997 Strength and Conditioning Coach- Goonelebah Swans AFL team
1996-1997 Ballina Seagulls Rugby League Team- Massage Therapist and Strapper.